It is the responsibility of all Landlords to provide there tenants with a Gas Safety certificate. This document relates to the successful testing of all gas appliances located within the property. The Gas safety certificate has to be renewed every twelve months or with the changing of a tenant.
In 1996 the goverment passed a law that requires all landlords, who rent either part or all of a property to have all gas appliances and pipework checked every 12 months with a Landlord Safety certificate.
What does a Landlord certificate include:-
- Check appliances for gas tightness, a pressure test designed to find leaks.
- Check the standing and working pressures of the Gas supply.
- Check burner pressures or Gas rates against manufactures guidelines.
- Check for correct ventilation.
- Test the flue for complete removal of products of combustion
- Check safety devices fitted to the appliances for correct operation.
- Check the stability of the appliance.
- Investigate any problems or concerns that the owner may have.
To Book a Landlord Safety certificate test please contact us.